With AIS Decoder you are able to forward received AIS data to FleetMon and to use decoded AIS data for your own purposes simultaneously.
The following instructions enable you to send your AIS data to FleetMon via AIS Decoder. You can download the AIS Decoder software here: http://arundale.com/docs/ais/ais_decoder.html. There you will also find help for the installation and detailed information about features and more options.
- When you start the application, you will see this main window.
- You need to tick the Serial checkbox in the "Input" field.
- On the "Output" field you have to tick the UDP check box.
- Click the Options button in the "Control" field. A new window will pop up.
- On the "Settings" field you have to select your COM port. Click here to learn about how you select the COM port your receiver is connected to.
- Also, select the standard AIS serial data speed (baud rate) 38400.
- Tick UDP Output in the "UDP" field and select NMEA as the output method.
- On the "Output UDP" field you have to enter "ais.fleetmon.com" as a client and your personal port number you received from FleetMon.
- Click on the Save button to save your current settings.
- Close the Options window and return to the main window.
- Click on the Start button on the "Control" field to start sending AIS data.
- Three additional windows will open: the NMEA Input window, the UDP Output window, and the Summary window.
- Go now to FleetMon.com and check your "My AIS Stations" page. After 5-10 minutes the statistics of your data should be displayed.
- Congratulations! Your station is online and you are sharing data with us.
- If you want to share your data also with other services we can forward the data on your behalf or you are trying another software, i.e. Ship Plotter.